Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Embed a Flash animation within Eclipse 3.4 RCP Help
Embed a Flash animation within Eclipse 3.4 RCP Help [message #603470] Sat, 21 November 2009 00:24 Go to next message
ali Mising name is currently offline ali Mising nameFriend
Hello all,

I'm wanting to enhance my Eclipse 3.4 RCP Help using Flash "screen-capture" movies that demo how to use my RCP application.

I'm assuming I'll need additional libraries (war, jar etc) to be included somewhere (perhaps within the embedded Jetty config), but I'm not sure where. I'm using an embedded JRE, so I do have control over what is added.

Has anyone done this? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Additional note:

I'm guessing a solution may involve adding Flash Player libraries to Jetty. Has anyone out there done this? I have experience with doing this type of thing with Tomcat and other servers, but I'm not sure how to configure the hidden Eclipse RCP instance of Jetty to include additional functionality.

I'd love to solve this because I'd be able to include voiced training movies within my Eclipse 3.4 RCP Help.

Ali.
Re: Embed a Flash animation within Eclipse 3.4 RCP Help [message #603784 is a reply to message #603470] Sat, 05 December 2009 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been investigating the red5 open source flash server, but I'm not entirely sure how to swap jetty for red5 within my RCP Product. I can add it to my classpath, but unsure how the lifecycle of alternate html servers is controlled. My RCP Help doesn't simply work with it. Does anyone have any experience with this? I believe this would be a powerful and useful technology to use with the RCP Help (provide embedded flash screen-capture movies with voice-over audio).
Re: Embed a Flash animation within Eclipse 3.4 RCP Help [message #604275 is a reply to message #603470] Tue, 19 January 2010 20:32 Go to previous message
I've still had no progress getting Flash to work with Eclipse RCP Help. The Red5 server looks like a fantastic solution (for other problems), but I have not been able to substitute it as the web server for an Eclipse RCP application. Has anyone been able to hook-up RCP Help to a different web-server?

I think being able to use Flash screen-capture animations within an Eclipse RCP help would be a fantastic, powerful use of the tech... but I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time with this :(...

Thoughts, anyone?
Previous Topic:Embed a Flash animation within Eclipse 3.4 RCP Help
Next Topic:Problem with Dandelion - Lisp development plugin for eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:10:46 GMT 2024