Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » Spurious characters impede proper extend function
Spurious characters impede proper extend function [message #599451] Thu, 12 August 2010 12:04
Arto Jarvinen is currently offline Arto JarvinenFriend
I have run into a subtle behavior which might be a bug. When extending a capability pattern I wish the new activity to inherit attributes such as the Main description from the capability pattern. This works when the corresponding fields are left empty in the new activity. It turns out that the Ubuntu version of EPF sometimes creates / leaves junk in these fields which make them turn out empty-looking in the generated web site (although you can actually see that there is a line feed there in the field). These line-feeds can not be seen in the properties editor in Ubuntu but can be seen in the Windows version (fortunately for me). I just switched from openjdk to sun-jdk on Ubuntu but the behavior remains. (Not sure though if EPF keeps its own reference to the Java RTE.) That could otherwise have been a reason. The GUI does behave a bit differently with respect to keyboard focus on the two platforms which I guess shouldn't really be the case if running the same Java.

It could also be that these line-feeds were created in Windows as I've been moving a bit back an forth and that they can not be seen in the Ubuntu Editor (I just thought of this right now - worth testing...).

Any hints or insights anybody?

-Arto
--
Blog: http://www.ostrogothia.com/process/

Previous Topic:Spurious characters impede proper extend function
Next Topic:Width of Navigation View
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:51:12 GMT 2024