Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » creating views and publishing results
creating views and publishing results [message #599205] Tue, 23 February 2010 15:36 Go to next message
Mali  is currently offline Mali Friend
Hi;
I am new to EPF and want to use it in my Phd project. My aim is to develop a tool for a given process. It is not a full software engineering process like waterfall but it is a process for developing software systems in organisations using special techniques. For this given process I want an interface similar to OpenUp but with some edition. For example I do not want the tool menu on the left side.

My basic requirements for this process is to look same as the main page of OpenUp (http://epf.eclipse.org/wikis/openup/) with just the following menu on the left side:

Introduction to process X
Getting started
Activity diagram
Roles
Tasks
Guidance

First I tried to edit the OpenUp plugin but I couldn't get the output that I wanted hence I started to create a "Capability Pattern" from scratch by following the below steps:

Open a method Library
Create method configuration
Create method plug-in
Create process package
Create capability pattern
Create a custom category (test_custom)
Then I went to my configuration file (test_config) and in the view tab I chose "test_custom".

In my "test_custome" I just include some roles. Now when I publish it is an empty html page with the title of my plug-in.

I had a look at different tutorials including the ones in eclipse itself. The latest version that I saw was here: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/epf-dev/msg03417.html
How I can create the final view that I want? I was wondering if I underestand the concept wrong.

Any suggestion is really appreciated.

Thanks for your help in advance .
Re: creating views and publishing results [message #599292 is a reply to message #599205] Thu, 25 March 2010 18:05 Go to previous message
Mali  is currently offline Mali Friend
The solution is explained in the following document:

Creating "Custom Category"

epf.eclipse.org/uploads/14.pdf
Previous Topic:creating views and publishing results
Next Topic:Using EPF RichText Feature in Ubuntu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:54:38 GMT 2024