Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » problem with case sensitivity when tring to run stored procs
problem with case sensitivity when tring to run stored procs [message #597299] Thu, 18 February 2010 18:15 Go to next message
Thomas.K.Hill is currently offline Thomas.K.HillFriend
Hi,

navigating to a stored procedure called APPL.SP_test, right clicking on the entry and selecting 'run' from the context menu brings up the configuration parameter page allowing me to enter parameter values (so far so good), but when clicking on 'OK' to finally execute the procedure I am receiving an error that APPL.SP_TEST is not recognised as a function or procedure.

Is it not possible to use lower case in procedure name?

Can I somehow configure DTP so that when building the call the procedure name is surrounded by " (CALL APPL."SP_test" instead of CALL APPL.SP_TEST).

Thanks
Re: no feedback? - problem with case sensitivity when trying to run stored procs [message #597358 is a reply to message #597299] Sat, 06 March 2010 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas.K.Hill is currently offline Thomas.K.HillFriend
Hi,

I was hoping it would be me overlooking something or doing somting wrong as I found it hard to believe that DTP can not properly handle case sensitivity (in procedure names).

Can anyone please confirm whether this is a restriction in DTP or not?

Thanks
Re: no feedback? - problem with case sensitivity when trying to run stored procs [message #597362 is a reply to message #597358] Mon, 08 March 2010 18:38 Go to previous message
Brian Fitzpatrick is currently offline Brian FitzpatrickFriend
Thomas.K.Hill@t-online.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was hoping it would be me overlooking something or doing somting wrong
> as I found it hard to believe that DTP can not properly handle case
> sensitivity (in procedure names).
>
> Can anyone please confirm whether this is a restriction in DTP or not?
>
> Thanks
>
What database are you using? Case sensitivity is often dependent on the
JDBC driver.
Previous Topic:Derby DB creation issue
Next Topic:should this be raised as a BUG? - problem with case sensitivity when trying to run stored procs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:03:23 GMT 2024