Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » Status of ODA driver for EMF/CDO and BIRT
Status of ODA driver for EMF/CDO and BIRT [message #596852] Tue, 24 November 2009 13:56 Go to next message
Joel Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Joel Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Hi,

I recently posted a topic on the EMF forum entitled http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=158195& amp;start=0&S=075f392a73c6ad37a5765022a371c48b The consensus of opinion is that the http://wiki.eclipse.org/Ecore_ODA_Driver should work just fine, but none of the responders have actually tested it or know of anybody who has tested it. A few ifs where also noted as in this comment from Victor:

Quote:
> Regarding compatibility with CDO, I can only agree with Eike: as long as
> the driver honors EMF APIs and don't make excessive use of EMF's
> internals, CDO should properly work, the same way it works well with
> things like GMF, EMF Query or MDT OCL.

As this is functionality is essential for the http://eclipse.org/ormf/ project I need to find out for certain. If anybody here has experience with using the Ecore ODA Driver along with CDO I would very much appreciate hearing about your experience.

Many thanks,
Joel
Re: Status of ODA driver for EMF/CDO and BIRT [message #597388 is a reply to message #596852] Tue, 16 March 2010 23:28 Go to previous message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Hi Joel,

This is probably too late for you but hopefully it will be of help to others. I am using it for reporting from AMP model output and it works really quite well. Performance is fine and no glitches at all. The query support is pretty thoughtful too, though might be inappropriate for end-users. My thinking is to create a data source implementation using that and just provide that to end-users, but right now I'm figuring out how doable it is to use a plugin derived data source.

-Miles

Joel Rosi-Schwartz wrote on Tue, 24 November 2009 08:56
> Hi,
>
> I recently posted a topic on the EMF forum entitled [CDO] EMF ODA driver for BIRT The consensus of opinion is that the Ecore_ODA_Driver should work just fine, but none of the responders have actually tested it or know of anybody who has tested it. A few ifs where also noted as in this comment from Victor:
>
> Quote:
> > Regarding compatibility with CDO, I can only agree with Eike: as long as
> > the driver honors EMF APIs and don't make excessive use of EMF's
> > internals, CDO should properly work, the same way it works well with
> > things like GMF, EMF Query or MDT OCL.
>
>
> As this is functionality is essential for the ORMF project I need to find out for certain. If anybody here has experience with using the Ecore ODA Driver along with CDO I would very much appreciate hearing about your experience.
>
> Many thanks,
> Joel
Previous Topic:Status of ODA driver for EMF/CDO and BIRT
Next Topic:Performance with SQL Server and Birt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:32:17 GMT 2024