Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » Is there an ODA datasource visualizer available?
Is there an ODA datasource visualizer available? [message #596775] Mon, 16 November 2009 10:08 Go to next message
Joos Buijs is currently offline Joos BuijsFriend
Hello,

I'm building an Eclipse plug-in which is data centered. The user can connect to multiple data sources using ODA drivers.
The application is used to define a mapping to convert data from the data sources to a fixed format in a user friendly way.

It would be very useful if the structure of the data sources could be displayed in an ERD like diagram combining multiple sources in one diagram. This would aid the user in gaining insight in the structure of the data sources.

Is there a tool/plug-in available that can already do this or on which I can base my specific implementation? There are some 'reverse engineer' plug-ins available but to my knowledge none of these use ODA drivers to connect to the data sources.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Joos
Re: Is there an ODA datasource visualizer available? [message #596801 is a reply to message #596775] Tue, 17 November 2009 23:35 Go to previous message
Linda ChanFriend
Hi Joos,

I'm afraid we don't currently have such a built-in visualizer.
Your contribution would be welcome ;)

Linda
Previous Topic:Is there an ODA datasource visualizer available?
Next Topic:erroneous repeating row values in SQL Results view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:30:11 GMT 2024