Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » beware when converting to aspectj project if you use multiple output paths
beware when converting to aspectj project if you use multiple output paths [message #588652] Mon, 06 June 2005 02:34
Barry Kaplan is currently offline Barry KaplanFriend
In my regular java nature projects, I define two output paths: one for test sources and one for production sources. I just noticed that when a project is coverted to an aspectj project -- which does not support mulitple output paths as far as I tell -- it will silently pick one of the two for the converted project.

This left me with lots of .class turds in my classpath (ie, the ones left over from having two output paths). After I noticed this, I also noticed that the run-targets that I had saved were still using both output directories [for the tests]. As a result, I would always see the correct weaving at runtime.

So careful when converting to an aspectj project that you ensure your .class turds are removed and/or you update your run-targets.

(I have also been having other strange problems with recompilation and such. Maybe this is the cause of that also. Don't know yet.)

-barry
Previous Topic:beware when converting to aspectj project if you use multiple output paths
Next Topic:Can invoke introduced methods
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:13:48 GMT 2024