Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » Can invoke introduced methods
Can invoke introduced methods [message #588487] Fri, 03 June 2005 04:06
Barry Kaplan is currently offline Barry KaplanFriend
I'm looking at the cross reference for an class. It shows the method addListener(WorkingMemoryEventListener) as an aspect declaration (it was introduced onto the interface).

I'm also looking at the code:

public void testObjectAsserted() {
WorkingMemoryEventListener mockWorkingMemoryEventListener = ...
WorkingMemory wm = new ForTestWorkingMemory();
wm.addListener(mockWorkingMemoryEventListener);
~~~~~~~~~~~
}

Where the call to addListener is marked as undefined. There is an error marker in the file buffer, but not in the problems view.

If I try to autocomplete after "wm." I get the methods that are on the interface prior to any introdutions. If I try to autocomplete after "wm.a" I get things like "adviceexecution" and "after_returning". I don't see these with the first autocomplete. And I never see "addListener".

Then I run the test. Green bar! So I debug. Set a break at the second line, step and immediatly I'm out of the method. Appearantly returning normally. I put an exception block around everything. No exceptions.

Then as I start to add some code around the problem line, I see that the debug lines do not even come close to the actual lines. I made sure inlining was off, but no effect. When I look at the "wm" variable in the debugger, sure enough it has all the introductions.

[begin-crybady]
I have worst luck with adjt. Every project I try it on, I get only so far and hit a wall. Up until now, always the compiler. This time I'm not sure what the problem is. But lots of others do ok with adjt, no? Is it just that I'm using the latest build? Is it that different from the near release candidate for eclipse 3.0.x?
[end-crybaby]

-barry
Previous Topic:How to view multiple markers?
Next Topic:java.lang.AbstractMethodError when invoking introduced method
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:53:17 GMT 2024