Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Split persistent model in mulptiple bundles?
Split persistent model in mulptiple bundles? [message #584496] Sat, 26 June 2010 11:48 Go to next message
ronald Mising name is currently offline ronald Mising nameFriend
Hi all,

I'm really excited to start a new project using Virgo. The main reason is that I'd like to really design the new application and separate parts of the application in bundles.
I have 2 questions regarding the design for which I could not find good answer yet.

1) It's relative easy to separate the model, view and controllers in separate bundles. But is it possible to separate parts of the model itself in bundles too?
I envision a core model (say, a user) and lots of possible additions (say, a customer bundle, an article bundle and a order/orderdetail bundle).
How do we then cope with persistence issues? Even if a single ORM is being used for all model persistence, it will be really hard to split the model, isn't it?

I certainly like the idea of being able to add new and remove old bundles on the fly, but I think most ORM's cannot apply model changes during runtime.
Any high-level overview of this with some important details explained is very much appreciated :)

2) I'm also a little confused where to get the documentation for the spring library. Virgo is the same as/based on Spring Dm 2.x as donated by SpringSource, isn't it?
But I can't find the docs at http://www.springsource.org/osgi for 2.x (it's grayed out).
The spring-osgi lib provides simple configuration to define and consume services, right? Then, inside a bundle you could use Spring 3.0 to setup the internal structure of the bundle?

Best regards, and keep up the good work! Thumbs up!
Ronald
Re: Split persistent model in mulptiple bundles? [message #584505 is a reply to message #584496] Sat, 26 June 2010 22:23 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Not sure about Q1 but Q2 is a common confusion. Virgo derives from SpringSource dm Server which is quite a different thing from the Spring DM project (which dm Server uses).
Previous Topic:Split persistent model in mulptiple bundles?
Next Topic:Class loader exception during JPA processing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:10:47 GMT 2024