Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Jobs and employment » Eclipse Plug-in Developer Contract
Eclipse Plug-in Developer Contract [message #584089] Tue, 20 July 2010 15:20 Go to next message
Dru Welburn is currently offline Dru WelburnFriend
The big key is eclipse plug-in development skills.

2+ year contract

NEED SENIOR LEVEL EXPERTS WITH DEEP UNDERSTANDING AND EXPERIENCE - Walk on Water Types!

Team is building IDE for X10. X10 is a type-safe, modern, parallel, distributed object-oriented language intended to be very easily accessible to Java(TM) programmers. It is targeted to future low-end and high-end systems with nodes that are built out of multi-core SMP chips with non-uniform memory hierarchies, and interconnected in scalable cluster configurations.

* eclipse plug-in development - this is the critical requirement - development of plug-ins, not just using them
* building an IDE for a programming language (some aspect of it most likely)
* familiar with parser/generator technologies (abstract syntax trees)
* understand data type information represented by compiler front end (i.e. type of expression is an INT)
* compiler represents types internally - good grounding in compiler technology & frameworks
* experience with static program analysis: type inference; pointer analysis...

real experience and understanding of SWT & JFACE frameworks

need real software engineering experience using bugzilla/ JiRA, how to use eclipse in a team environment, CVS or subversion, how to plan for testing...

people who were major contributors to Java, Scala, C, C++ may be ideal

Dru Welburn
dru at ivmost dot com
Re: Eclipse Plug-in Developer Contract [message #584160 is a reply to message #584089] Wed, 21 July 2010 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Suen is currently offline Eric SuenFriend
Isn't X10 already has an IDE?
Re: Eclipse Plug-in Developer Contract [message #584231 is a reply to message #584089] Thu, 29 July 2010 06:41 Go to previous message
sathish  is currently offline sathish Friend
Hi Dru,
I'm Sathish from India,having experiance in Eclipse RCP development.Like to know, can I apply as an international contract employee.if yes,please let me know how can i proceed.

Thanks and regards
Sathish Kumar.S
Previous Topic:Needed: SWTBOT Tester
Next Topic:Startup seeks Senior Eclipse UI Developer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:47:01 GMT 2024