Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DSDP - Target Management » Execute command or script after SSH connection
Execute command or script after SSH connection [message #583755] Tue, 07 September 2010 13:32 Go to next message
Armand is currently offline ArmandFriend
Hi,

I am experiencing some difficulties with retrieving on a Windows computer a C++ project from a ClearCase view on a Linux computer.
As a matter of fact, I can easily connect to the Linux computer thanks to RSE and an SSH connection, but the project sources won't be visible and mounted until I set the ClearCase view. The problem is that I can't set the ClearCase view with RSE just after SSH connection (I can with a Ssh Terminal, but it doesn't apply to the "Sftp Files" browser), that's why my project's sources are not visible.

I am really sorry for not being able to be more specific, but if you have any idea of how I could solve the problem, please let me know. I insist on the fact that I can't access the ClearCase view, there is no problem with SSH connection itself.

Thanks in advance,

Armand
Re: Execute command or script after SSH connection [message #639421 is a reply to message #583755] Tue, 16 November 2010 13:50 Go to previous message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
Hi Armand,

Directly navigating into a "ct setview" view won't work with the sftp
file transfer method, since your sftp-server is always started by root
and in a different process.

Have you tried using view-extended pathnames?

1.) In a shell perform
cleartool startview your-view-name
2.) In sftp, navigate to
/view/your-view-name/vobs/...

HTH,
Martin
Previous Topic:How to export the RSE as an eclipse RCP production?
Next Topic:programmatic opening of the RSE view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:18:25 GMT 2024