Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Stuck while trying greenpages tutorial
Stuck while trying greenpages tutorial [message #583316] Sun, 20 June 2010 19:50 Go to next message
ronald Mising name is currently offline ronald Mising nameFriend
Hi all,

While performing the steps described in the greenpages tutorial ( http://www.eclipse.org/virgo/documentation/2.1.0.M01/getting -started-guide/ch03s05.html) I got stuck in step 4 of "Configuring Web Server target runtime".
The problem is that I cannot select "EclipseRT → Virgo Web Server" as there is no "EclipseRT" web server.

I can select web servers from Apache/Basic/IBM/JBoss/ObjectWeb/Oracle and Springsource.

I tried to find something about "EclipseRT" and "Virgo Web Server", but could not find anything useful.

I do can select "SpringSource dm server v2.0", but if I select that directory (the unzipped directory containing the server downloaded from http://www.eclipse.org/virgo/download as indicated in section 2.2 Installing Web Server from the documentation), the new server wizard in eclipse stalls with the error message:
" .version file in lib directory is missing key 'dm.server.version'. Make sure to point to a dm Server 2.0 installation."

When I select "Download additional servers", I see a lot of other servers (Geronimo and Glashfish among others), but no EclipseRT.

The greenpages app runs fine when I start that server from the command line, so it seems the server is not registered in eclipse. I did install the SpringSource Tools.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction, as I'm really excited to get my hands on real-time OSGI :)
Did I miss something?

TIA
Ronaldo
Re: Stuck while trying greenpages tutorial [message #583338 is a reply to message #583316] Mon, 21 June 2010 13:25 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
We tend to use the Carbon version on Mac as it's more stable, but I don't think that is the cause of your problem.

Which update site did you use?
Previous Topic:Greenpages Sample Application
Next Topic:Stuck while trying greenpages tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:19:35 GMT 2024