Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [Eugenia] Subdiagrams
[Eugenia] Subdiagrams [message #582431] Fri, 30 October 2009 12:51
Christoph Wienands is currently offline Christoph WienandsFriend
Hello all,

I just started with Eugenia and I am really impressed how quickly I was able to create a DSL, after having spent days before with "raw" GMF.

Now I was wondering whether it was possible to do subdiagrams with Eugenia. For example, I'm thinking about state machines where you can expand a composite state into a second diagram with its details. Or think of a network topology with routers, connections, etc. in a top-level diagram, and routing tables, NAT settings in subdiagrams for each router.

I once was able to get subdiagrams of the same type as the parent diagram working (it was a couple of settings in the gmfmap), but never got subdiagrams of different types working. It required a really ugly workaround with two sets of gmfmap, gmftool, and gmfgen.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Diagram_Partitioning
If you ever got the different subdiagram type working (I didn't), you could never use the generators again if you made changes to your DSL :( So I figured, Eugenia would be predestined for subdiagram support because all the GMF artifacts are completely regenerated after changes to the DSL.

I didn't see any annotations in the Eugenia reference that would support that feature. Has anybody done that before (maybe with a couple of those generated code overrides, forgot the name)? Or is this maybe a planned feature?

Thanks a lot, Christoph
Previous Topic:Autocompletition (Total Nub)
Next Topic:Model Elemenet Types: "!" vs. "::"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:15:48 GMT 2024