Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » DSDP - Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) » Cannot debug my application
Cannot debug my application [message #578306] Sun, 08 November 2009 18:53 Go to next message
Anders  ind is currently offline Anders indFriend
Hello!

I have tried to create a midlet with eclipseme. Instead of wireless tookit I have installed Java_ME_platform_SDK_3.0 because it should replace wireless toolkit. I have also installed the jdt plugin in eclipse.

In the windows->preferences->j2me settings I have scanned for devices by pressing import + browse and choosen the directory C:\Java_ME_platform_SDK_3.0. Why I had to specify that directory is unknown to me because I have already specified it in window->preferences->j2me and WTK Root. (1)

When I have selected the directory I also had to press Refresh (2).

I took a long time to generate the list (3). I had to press finish to remove the search window and actually populate the list (4). I got 12 entries, the first of them pre-selected. I dont know why (5). One entry was named DefaultCldcPhone2 and another DefaultCldcPhone1 (6). I pressed ok, because eventually I know have a device to run my application on. Now I created a midlet suite and a midlet which had the method startApp, destroyApp and pauseApp. The order of the function when they had been autogenerated was not in this apparent order (7). If I debug my application I get a sun style cell phone window with an application that is not the one I have programmed but the default application (8). Eclipse tries to connect to the debugger which it does not manage to do. (9). Instead it hangs until a timeout has been encountered (10).

Why is eclipse hanging is my main question. I have also marked some other confusing things with numbers in my posting.

Thanks for reading this!
Re: Cannot debug my application [message #578345 is a reply to message #578306] Mon, 09 November 2009 11:37 Go to previous message
Diego Madruga Sandin is currently offline Diego Madruga SandinFriend
Hi,

I would suggest you post this question in the http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=86829mail list.

I'll also encourage you to try to start using MTJ instead of EclipseME. If you have some time, please, take a look on our http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/topic/org.eclipse.mtj.doc.us er/html/gettingstarted/gettingstarted.html

Regards,
Diego
Previous Topic:Proposed feautre: Export user defined symbols as separated .properties file
Next Topic:Cannot debug my application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:19:04 GMT 2024