Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BPMN Modeler » Open a BPMN Diagram Editor via Code(Is it possible to open an Editor programatically using a URIEditor Input)
Open a BPMN Diagram Editor via Code [message #560154] Tue, 21 September 2010 11:21
Daniel Rippel is currently offline Daniel RippelFriend
Hi Anyone,

My Setting: I wanted to use BPMN models together with some other diagrams within an EMF Model. Therefore I created a diagram, which contains one BPMN Model as well as several other diagram models via containment relations. This is because I want to combine certain information, derived from the distinct diagrams. I use the GMF OpenDiagramBehavior to open the different sub-diagrams in their respective editors.

My Problem: The behavior can create an empty BPMN Diagram without any problems, but it cannot open the respective editor. I used "Bpmn" and "org.eclipse.stp.bpmn.diagram.part.BpmnDiagramEditorID" as Diagram/Editor IDs. The URIEditorInput generated by the behavior is valid and contains the link. It seems as if it is accepted by the editors creation mehtods (no error is thrown which states that URIs are not supported/cannot be casted). For any reason the DiagramEditor Class does not contain an DocumentProvider (this is null), which leads to an ErrorEditorPart created instead of an Editor. I cannot figure out why.

So my question: What am I missing? Is there any way to programmatically open the Editor (using WorkbenchPage.openEditor(URIEditorInput, EditorID)? Am I using the wrong ID?

Thank you for your answers. With regards,
Daniel
Previous Topic:please can you confirm what I understood from BPMN2
Next Topic:Generating bpmn file in a server runtime environment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:00:01 GMT 2024