Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Multi Threading debug
Multi Threading debug [message #559896] Mon, 20 September 2010 09:31 Go to next message
vicky  is currently offline vicky Friend
I want to debug my multi threaded application please help me out
am uable to debug
Re: Multi Threading debug [message #559927 is a reply to message #559896] Mon, 20 September 2010 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vinicius Isola is currently offline Vinicius IsolaFriend
We would need more details about what you want to do and what are the problems you're having.

Debugging multithreaded applications is done in the same way as single threaded ones:
- add the breakpoints in the code
- wait for the thread to get there
- Eclipse will suspend the running thread (only the one that passed through the breakpoint)

If you want to suspend all threads when passing through a breakpoint, just right-click it and select "Breakpoint Properties..."

Inside it you will find to radio buttons:
- Suspend Thread
- Suspend VM

The first one is selected by default. Selecting the second one will suspend all running threads in the JVM been used.

I hope that helps.
Best regards.
Re: Multi Threading debug [message #560062 is a reply to message #559927] Tue, 21 September 2010 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vicky  is currently offline vicky Friend
i have multiple threads running and i want to follow each one of those is it possible and what do you mean by thread is suspended
Re: Multi Threading debug [message #560183 is a reply to message #560062] Tue, 21 September 2010 13:16 Go to previous message
Vinicius Isola is currently offline Vinicius IsolaFriend
Suspended means that the thread reached the breakpoint you set and now will be waiting for you to continue execution.

Debugging, from what I understand, means that in some point of your code, you want to know exactly what happened. How was the stack and the variables in your code.

To debug, you need to start you application by clicking the Debug button, and not the Run button.

Please provide more information about what you're doing and the results you're getting. Otherwise, we won't be able to help you any further.
Previous Topic:How to change QuickFixPage help content
Next Topic:Difficulty getting a code generator to run automatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:52:51 GMT 2024