Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Custom Error Parser for external build tool(Use external build that displays output in Console View)  () 1 Vote
Custom Error Parser for external build tool [message #558897] Tue, 14 September 2010 19:26 Go to next message
wassya  is currently offline wassya Friend
Hi,
I am using Eclipse CDT 7 with external build command. The project compiles and displays compiler output in Console View.
The problem is with setting the parser to show errors, warnings... in the Problems View. I have tried adding regular expressions patterns to catch needed text to the Problems View, but nothing appears there.
My compiler generates this line pattern for example:

e:\path\file.h(54) : Error[Pe065]: expected a ";"

Can somebody help me to debug, why in Problems View not shown parsers outputs?

I have tried to catch something to be sure that is a regex filter problem, but seems to be something with the parser or project configuration.

Thanks,
Re: Custom Error Parser for external build tool [message #559071 is a reply to message #558897] Wed, 15 September 2010 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
If you are referring to "External Tools" menu item or toolbar button it won't work there because it is outside of CDT and is not aware of ErrorParsers. See also https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=320823.
It should work though if you are using build command in C/++ Build Builder Settings or run it in Make Targets view. Try to start from simpler pattern sure to match, like ".*"

Andrew
Re: Custom Error Parser for external build tool [message #559106 is a reply to message #558897] Wed, 15 September 2010 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Andrew for reply, I have done this and integrated successfully my external build tool with makefile project.

If someone look for using Eclipse CDT with another compiler put here a question and me or Andrew will explain how to do this.

Regards,

Vasea
icon9.gif  Re: Custom Error Parser for external build tool [message #651954 is a reply to message #559106] Wed, 02 February 2011 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konrad Benedict is currently offline Konrad BenedictFriend
hello folks,

i'm totally new to eclipse and java.

i'm currently working with visual slick and an iar compiler and want to import a project to eclipse 3.6.1. (im working embedded, on a nec ie cube emulator)

i have absolutly no idea how to set up this iar compiler with eclipse. i read something about creating a plug-in for parsing errors?!

maybe you can help me, this would be great!

thank you,

greetings
Re: Custom Error Parser for external build tool [message #652077 is a reply to message #651954] Wed, 02 February 2011 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Using Eclipse CDT as a code editor with all functionality for C/C++
when working with IAR compilers is very simple. You don't need to develop new plugin to integrate IAR compilers, but, you need to do some steps in configuring new project with existing source code,. This source code will be from IAR EW project. If you can compile your project with IAR EW, read the documentation about command line building of the project. IAR EW have are command line builder named iarbuild.exe, for example, I am using this command line with IAR M16C compiler:
iarbuild ProjName.ewp -build Release -log all

This is 1st step named build project. At the 2nd step you will need to configure Problems view (errors/warnings/info regular expressions parser). This is not hard to do. You will find a lot of information about this and you can see how it is configured for gcc compiler.
But, before configure error parser you need to be able to build from eclipse cdt the IAR EW project and view the compiler and linker output in the Console view.

Only IAR debugger will not work in the Eclispe CDT IDE.

If you have problems write here and me or others will try to help you.

Good luck.
Re: Custom Error Parser for external build tool [message #900355 is a reply to message #652077] Mon, 06 August 2012 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
camelia valuch is currently offline camelia valuchFriend
Hello,

I posted 2 questions in this topic:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/900349/#msg_900349

but after I read this text
"If someone look for using Eclipse CDT with another compiler put here a question and me or Andrew will explain how to do this." I hope my turn to a rescue solution or an advice.

So I have an assembler, a compiler and a linker. I also have an error parser.
But my project have a specific nature and also a specific builder.

If a run with the debug mode, the program doesn't hit the breakpoint located in error parser constructor.

Hope an answer ! Smile
Camelia
Re: Custom Error Parser for external build tool [message #1219166 is a reply to message #652077] Mon, 02 December 2013 12:59 Go to previous message
Gajendra Panwar is currently offline Gajendra PanwarFriend
wassya wrote on Wed, 02 February 2011 10:28
Using Eclipse CDT as a code editor with all functionality for C/C++
when working with IAR compilers is very simple. You don't need to develop new plugin to integrate IAR compilers, but, you need to do some steps in configuring new project with existing source code,. This source code will be from IAR EW project. If you can compile your project with IAR EW, read the documentation about command line building of the project. IAR EW have are command line builder named iarbuild.exe, for example, I am using this command line with IAR M16C compiler:
iarbuild ProjName.ewp -build Release -log all

This is 1st step named build project. At the 2nd step you will need to configure Problems view (errors/warnings/info regular expressions parser). This is not hard to do. You will find a lot of information about this and you can see how it is configured for gcc compiler.
But, before configure error parser you need to be able to build from eclipse cdt the IAR EW project and view the compiler and linker output in the Console view.

Only IAR debugger will not work in the Eclispe CDT IDE.

If you have problems write here and me or others will try to help you.

Good luck.

Please help me for above problem
Previous Topic:Error parser for external tool
Next Topic:I'm not getting values from preference file in earlyStartup()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:53:13 GMT 2024