Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Eclipse Target Platform(setup issues)
Eclipse Target Platform [message #558550] Mon, 13 September 2010 13:17
Borislav Kapukaranov is currently offline Borislav KapukaranovFriend
Hi Community,

I'm trying to setup Equinox based product as target platform for Eclipse. I'm using the "Choose Installation" option and i point to the root of the installation. What happens is, as described in the documentation, the plugins folder is loaded as target platform, in addition i would expect Eclipse to use the configuration(config.ini) as well, not just the plugins folder content. I specifically unchecked "This installation uses the default configuration area" and provided the path to the configuration area of my Equinox based installtion, but the new configuration isn't read at all. When i run the target platform it has no osgi.bootdelegation values set in the framework's properties (osgi.bootdelegation values are set correctly in the config.ini of my installtion).

So is this a bug? Should this checkbox property work the way i think or it has another purpose? And finally and most importantly is there actually any way to set a custom configuration for a target platform?

Best Regards
Borislav
Previous Topic:Access elements on the model explorer
Next Topic:Eclipse Target Platform
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:12:03 GMT 2024