Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse Minimun Distribution Question
Eclipse Minimun Distribution Question [message #558223] Fri, 10 September 2010 15:05
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi,

I am new to making eclipse plugins and I am just after finishing my first one. It can download wiki pages from our confluence server for editing and then can upload the changes when finished. The actual wiki markup is done by a Mylyn plugin wikitext. Mine just handles the upload, download, saving etc.

The developers on the team I am on are using it but they all use eclipse already. I want to be able to have a minimal distribution that our non developers can use. All I need is the eclipse basic funtionality, the Wikitext plugin and my plugin. I tried downloading the platform rntime binary and then adding the two necessary plugins and I thought it worked as some of my plugins functionality showed up. Eg there was a new project wizard that worked fine. However when you right click on this project there should be a command to download a file but this ust won't show up.

I am wondering if there is some part that I am missing in my distribution.

I downloaded the 3.5 platform runtime binary and then updated it to 3.5.2 as this version was a requirement of my plugin.

Hope someone can help as I really can't see what is wrong here.
Previous Topic:OC4J Crash while hot code replacement.
Next Topic:Trouble Creating Runnable JAR File
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:35:10 GMT 2024