Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » JFace/SWT Show Multiple Cell Editors in a Table Column(JFace/SWT Show Multiple Cell Editors in a Table Column)
icon5.gif  JFace/SWT Show Multiple Cell Editors in a Table Column [message #558051] Fri, 10 September 2010 01:45 Go to next message
NickM is currently offline NickMFriend

I have a table with multiple columns. I would like all of the modifable cells in the tables to show its active controls at all times, so that the user can see what cells need updating.

The way the current JFace "TableViewer" is that it uses a single cell editor for each column but the widget control doesn't become active until the user clicks into the modifiable cell.

We have come up with alternative options like using "background colors" or "images" to display the cells that are modifable, but the client wants to see the 'active' widget controls at all times for each and all of modifiable cells in the table.

One solution is I could declare my own Table that uses SWT's TableEditor but then I lose all rich functionality that JFace "TableViewer" has developed, so I don't want to have to rebuild rich functionality again therefore I would like to try and stay with the "TableViewer".

Has anyone got any suggestions that could help me to meet my client's requirements.
Re: JFace/SWT Show Multiple Cell Editors in a Table Column [message #558200 is a reply to message #558051] Fri, 10 September 2010 13:41 Go to previous message
Martin Klinke is currently offline Martin KlinkeFriend
Maybe the widgets from Nebula have what you are looking for:
http://www.eclipse.org/nebula/

AFAIK, they try to support the SWT/JFace-API-style as good as possible.

HTH,
Martin Klinke
Previous Topic:Label provider and icons from workspace
Next Topic:showView fails to show the view from preShutdown()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:10:58 GMT 2024