Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » [Mac OS X - Helios PDT 2.2] Zend debugger php-cgi not working(Is Zend install package corrupted somehow ?)
icon13.gif  [Mac OS X - Helios PDT 2.2] Zend debugger php-cgi not working [message #557877] Thu, 09 September 2010 10:16
lapinos03  is currently offline lapinos03 Friend
Hi there!

My config:
Mac os x leopard 10.5.8
Eclipse IDE for PHP Developers: 1.3.0.20100617-0520
PHP Development Tools (PDT) Runtime Feature: 2.2.0.v20100519-1400-7L7J-F8NcJTJKEUE9UhJJ
Zend Debugger Feature: 5.3.18.v20100722

I cannot debug php scripts using php-cgi. I get this error message: "Error launching 'myscript'. The debug session could not be started. Please make sure that the debugger is properly configured as php.ini directive."

I never had had that message before. By 'before', I mean Eclipse-Galileo with former version of Zend Debugger. I need the php-cgi to pass url arguments. PHP (cli) is working but then $_GET/$_REQUEST arrays are empty.

AFTER installing Zend Debugger latest version of today, I have the following problems:
1. Preference > PHP > PHP executables: I get an error message "The currently displayed page contains invalid values." I have to click another node and come back on this one to have the panel showed.
2. There are 3 lines of executables :
- PHP 5.2.13 (CLI) /Applications/eclipse-php-helios/plugins/org.zend.php.debug. debugger.macosx_5.3.18.v20100722/resources/php5/php
- PHP 5.3.3 (CLI) /Applications/eclipse-php-helios/plugins/org.zend.php.debug. debugger.macosx_5.3.18.v20100722/resources/php53/php
- null (Workspace Default) /Applications/eclipse-php-helios/plugins/org.zend.php.debug. debugger.macosx_5.3.18.v20100722/resources/php53/php-cgi
Strange that the 3rd line has no name! When I edit it, all the fields are empty. When I browse the Executable path to select the php-cgi, then the title message says "This is a predefined PHP executable configuration which cannot be modified." and the OK button is disabled. When "Adding..." a new executable, the Finish button remains disabled.

I have found a presentation from Zend (http://static.zend.com/topics/PDT---Whats-new-2010-(3).pdf) which shows the new features of PDT2.2 + Zend debugger. On the 14th page, the column Compatible interpreters shows 2 choices: PHP 5.3.2 (CGI) and PHP 5.3.2 (CLI). In my case I have only one choice: CLI.

The case is reproductible. I wipe out the installation and proceeded to a complete new one, with a new workspace and a new project.

Fortunately I had kept my former Galileo installation w/ Zend which was working. Unfortunately, I updated Zend to see what happens and now my Galileo is also broken. So how can i revert to the previous Zend version ?

Is there a way to trick/tweak manually Zend's/eclipse related config files outside from Eclipse IDE? Which file(s)? Which dir? ...and try to repair any corrupted files if ever?

Thanks for your help!
/Lapi
Previous Topic:phpdoc bug - ends on fullstop?
Next Topic:Why secure storage does not automatically login?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:43:41 GMT 2024