Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Greenpages Problem Under STS
Greenpages Problem Under STS [message #556119] Mon, 30 August 2010 21:22 Go to next message
Ward K Harold is currently offline Ward K HaroldFriend
The latest (2.3.0.M1) version of the greenpages app works fine with the latest version of Virgo (2.1.0.M03) when I deploy it by dropping its PAR file in the server's pickup directory. Sadly, however, when I build the app using the latest STS (2.3.2.RELEASE Build Id: 201003230009) and deploy it on the same server, running under the auspices of STS, it sits in STARTING state for five minutes and then dies:

[2010-08-30 16:09:25.882] start-signalling-2 <DE0006E> Start failed for par 'greenpages' version '2.0.1'. org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.DeploymentException: Web application failed to start
at org.eclipse.virgo.web.core.internal.WebBundleLifecycleListen er.onStarted(WebBundleLifecycleListener.java:129)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.artifact.internal.ArtifactS tateMonitor.onStarted(ArtifactStateMonitor.java:205)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.artifact.internal.AbstractI nstallArtifact.asyncStartSucceeded(AbstractInstallArtifact.j ava:273)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.artifact.internal.AbstractI nstallArtifact.access$0(AbstractInstallArtifact.java:270)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.artifact.internal.AbstractI nstallArtifact$StateMonitorSignal.signalSuccessfulCompletion (AbstractInstallArtifact.java:223)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.core.internal.BundleStartTracker$1. run(BundleStartTracker.java:140)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Threa dPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoo lExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.eclipse.gemini.web.core.WebApplicationStartFailedExcepti on: org.eclipse.gemini.web.core.spi.ServletContainerException: Web application at '/greenpages' failed to start. Check the logs for more details.
at org.eclipse.gemini.web.internal.StandardWebApplication.start (StandardWebApplication.java:107)
at org.eclipse.virgo.web.core.internal.WebBundleLifecycleListen er.onStarted(WebBundleLifecycleListener.java:120)
... 8 common frames omitted
Caused by: org.eclipse.gemini.web.core.spi.ServletContainerException: Web application at '/greenpages' failed to start. Check the logs for more details.
at org.eclipse.gemini.web.tomcat.internal.TomcatServletContaine r.startWebApplication(TomcatServletContainer.java:123)
at org.eclipse.gemini.web.internal.StandardWebApplication.start (StandardWebApplication.java:90)
... 9 common frames omitted

I've tried turning logging up but didn't get any useful info. I did discover that publishing the mock Directory by uncommenting the appropriate line in

greenpages.app-solution/src/main/resources/META-INF/spring/o sgi-context.xml

causes the app to start but then the database is empty, i.e., all queries via the UI return nothing.

Ideas?

... WkH
Re: Greenpages Problem Under STS [message #557228 is a reply to message #556119] Mon, 06 September 2010 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Did you start the database?
Re: Greenpages Problem Under STS [message #557497 is a reply to message #557228] Tue, 07 September 2010 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ward K Harold is currently offline Ward K HaroldFriend
Yeah the db was started. I upgraded to the new M4 release. Restarted the db. Did a clean on the server and cleaned all the Greenpages projects in STS. Now it's working.

Thanks.

... WkH
Re: Greenpages Problem Under STS [message #557584 is a reply to message #557497] Wed, 08 September 2010 07:42 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Glad you are in business now - well done! Cleaning, rebuilding, etc. is not a particularly satisfactory way to solve such problems, but it often the most pragmatic solution.
Previous Topic:Virgo plan
Next Topic:Greenpages Problem Under STS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:03:04 GMT 2024