Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Validation adapter invoked twice
Validation adapter invoked twice [message #555283] Thu, 26 August 2010 07:58 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi,

I am using eclipse ver. 3.4 and GMF ver. 2.1.3.

In the gmfmap model, an audit has been defined using java to live validate an edge element of my domain model.

Based on the generated java class, validation logics have been added into the adapter class; however, I found out that the adapter was called twice each live validation run. The error message will be displayed twice in the problem view.

I have no clue about this problem, can someone give me some ideas.

Ayia
Re: Validation adapter invoked twice [message #555651 is a reply to message #555283] Fri, 27 August 2010 13:54 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi,

I found out the possible reason:

This might be helpful to people having same problem.

In the Constraint Provider extension point, the constraint target can be validated against certain event(by default, the event is not assigned) in Live mode.

For edges, the constraint will be evaluated against SET event (had an experiment to check). I think the constraint is evaluated twice for setting both the source and the target attributes of the edge(need confirmation). therefore, there will be two messages on the problem view.
Previous Topic:GMF Experimental (SVG support) for GMF 2.3
Next Topic:how to attach xsd schemalocation to the xml file?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:42:34 GMT 2024