Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Problem with headers(subdirectories)
Problem with headers [message #554353] Sun, 22 August 2010 09:21 Go to next message
Davit is currently offline DavitFriend
I have problems with including header files. There are header files in subfolders and sub-subfolders. Every time I have to add about 20 header files from different folders in C/C++ General => Paths and Symbols => GNU C++ and then Add...

Is there any way to include all the subdirectories in an easer way?

Thanks for support.
Re: Problem with headers [message #554406 is a reply to message #554353] Sun, 22 August 2010 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
There is an option "Index unused headers" in Indexer preferences, would it help you?

Andrew
Re: Problem with headers [message #554912 is a reply to message #554406] Tue, 24 August 2010 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Gvozdev wrote on Sun, 22 August 2010 16:41
There is an option "Index unused headers" in Indexer preferences, would it help you?

Andrew

Nope... What that option should do?
Sad
Re: Problem with headers [message #554915 is a reply to message #554353] Tue, 24 August 2010 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying to use Geant4 with eclipse. Is there anybody who had passed this steps.
I'm trying to stick together this pack of programs (Geant4, CLHEP, Eclipse) about 4 months already (3 months on Windows and later on Ubuntu 10.04) and there isn't any weighty result. Embarrassed

P.S I'm trying to build by eclipse Geant4 examples. Embarrassed
Re: Problem with headers [message #554993 is a reply to message #554353] Wed, 25 August 2010 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Davit wrote on Sun, 22 August 2010 11:21
I have problems with including header files. There are header files in subfolders and sub-subfolders. Every time I have to add about 20 header files from different folders in C/C++ General => Paths and Symbols => GNU C++ and then Add...

Is there any way to include all the subdirectories in an easer way?

Thanks for support.

I guess you are talking about external headers that are not within the project tree.
1. You have to add the include paths once as you described
2. On the same page is at the bottom a button "Export settings". This allows to export all the include paths that you manually added (not the ones found by the indexer) into a xml file.
3. Use the "Import settings" button to add these include paths for a different project.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Problem with headers [message #731917 is a reply to message #554915] Mon, 03 October 2011 13:42 Go to previous message
Sergey is currently offline SergeyFriend
Hi Davit!
Now i trying to use Eclipse to Geant4.
I make it in Uduntu, but haven't any success, yet.
Do you have any result in such way?
Can you share some materials with me?

Sincerely Sergey.
Politechical University, Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Previous Topic:Using eclipse for editing and project management only
Next Topic:CDT Debugging / MySQL Setup ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:18:44 GMT 2024