Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Deploying from eclipse to JBoss(eclipse and Jboss)
icon5.gif  Deploying from eclipse to JBoss [message #554033] Thu, 19 August 2010 18:51 Go to next message
Nilesh is currently offline NileshFriend
This is my continuing saga of becoming at least 1% as productive as I am with IntelliJ IDEA.
every release, i try to set up my project to be able to run on JBoss and fail.

but i'm determined to get it working this time.

here are my questions:
1. is there a way to tell eclipse what files should go into my war?

2. when i run the JBoss server, the server starts up without my war. how do i get my war to actually deploy and have JBoss start my app?

any pointers to other docs or forum entries are welcome.

Thanks,
Nilesh
Re: Deploying from eclipse to JBoss [message #554253 is a reply to message #554033] Fri, 20 August 2010 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Heath is currently offline Robert HeathFriend
The war file is a zip file. Can you create the zip file with what you want? Or maybe build the war file with existing resources, and either add or subtract from that war file with zip utilities?

Re: Deploying from eclipse to JBoss [message #554254 is a reply to message #554033] Fri, 20 August 2010 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For Windows:

"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\jar.exe" -cvf helloworld.war *.jsp WEB-INF
copy helloworld.war "%JBOSS_HOME%\server\default\deploy"

Re: Deploying from eclipse to JBoss [message #554264 is a reply to message #554033] Fri, 20 August 2010 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Bob, i don't think i explained my questions very well.

Although i'm getting a little closer to what i need.

i realized that using the
"Deployment Assembly" -> "Add" -> "Folder Mapping"
i can tell eclipse what folders to include in the war that it will create and deploy into jboss.

now there are some individual files that i want to similarly include in the deployment assembly, but none of the options eclipse gives in the deployment assembly "add" item allow individual files to be added:
Archive
External Archive
Variable
Classpath Container
Referenced Projects Classpath Entries
Project
Folder Mapping

As for the second question about deployment, i was asking about how to automatically deploy and run. eclipse *does* do that correctly, although i'm still fuzzy in that area.
Re: Deploying from eclipse to JBoss [message #554379 is a reply to message #554264] Sun, 22 August 2010 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a pretty decent tutorial for deploying a web project on myEclipse, an extension of Eclipse with a whole bunch of neat goodies. This deployment is for TomCat, but if you specify JBoss instead of TomCat, it works fine. Check out: http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/webpro jects/

Now, you will have to download MyEclipse, which is a long download, and you will have to add the JBoss server of your choosing. You get a thirty day free trial, then you buy an annual subscription that goes for between $30 and $200 depending on the goodies that you want.

Re: Deploying from eclipse to JBoss [message #554651 is a reply to message #554033] Mon, 23 August 2010 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sheesh, that's ridiculous.
i should be able to do all that with the eclipse JEE.
Re: Deploying from eclipse to JBoss [message #554655 is a reply to message #554651] Mon, 23 August 2010 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I take it that you don't want to look at MyEclipse. Have you figured it out yet?

Re: Deploying from eclipse to JBoss [message #554656 is a reply to message #554651] Mon, 23 August 2010 21:59 Go to previous message
Using Eclipse, add the JBoss server of your choice. Then after adding the server, go to the server window via Window > Show View > Other > Server > Servers, then right click on the desired JBoss Server and select Add and Remove. In the Available Window, select the app that you want to deploy and click Add >.

Does that do it for you?

Previous Topic:Editor PlugIn crash after File->Open File...
Next Topic:error on importing android package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:03:30 GMT 2024