Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Communications Framework (ECF) » Hello world application on Linux(Server Client communication doesn't work)
Hello world application on Linux [message #553736] Wed, 18 August 2010 16:06
Thomas Kerle is currently offline Thomas KerleFriend
Hello all,
I first describe my problem where I'm stuck in:
1) I set up the server ./eclipse -console -application org.eclipse.ecf.server.generic.server

-->A message indicates that the server is up and running

2) I took the application from org.eclipse.ecf.examples.internal.remoteservices.hello.ds.ho st and made a bundle where I launched after the application in the OSGI-shell with startApp ....

-->The following message I get:
osgi> [log;+0200 2010.08.18

18:01:19:636;WARNING;org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.distribut ion;org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status[plugin=org.eclipse.ecf.o sgi.services.distribution;code=2;message=org.eclipse.ecf.int ernal.osgi.services.distribution.EventHookImpl:handleRegiste redServiceEvent:No remote service containers found for serviceReference={com.haslerrail.osgi.eva.common.remoteservi ces.fileexplorer.IFileExplorer}={org.eclipse.ecf.containerFa ctoryArgs=r-osgi://localhost:9278, service.exported.configs=ecf.r_osgi.peer, service.exported.interfaces=*, service.id=52}. Service NOT EXPORTED;severity2;exception=null;children=[]]]
Host: Hello Service Registered

Ok I didn't told the whole truth: The interface is not IHello but an own one.

3) I took also the application for the client.

--> The interface I expected that should be called through the client is never called.

What I'm doing wrong?

I got through the documentation list and also through the list of entries in this forum but didn't found any answer, Any help is welcome!

Previous Topic:OSGi Container bundles used at the Eclipse Remote Service tutorial
Next Topic:Hello world application on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:10:16 GMT 2024