Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Xtext 0.7.2 + Maven2 - "Could not open the editor"(I am trying to set up an Xtext project (version 0.7.2) using Maven2 but the editor won't work.)
Xtext 0.7.2 + Maven2 - "Could not open the editor" [message #551131] Thu, 05 August 2010 11:19 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi,

I am using the Eclipse Galileo SR2 Modeling Tools Package which contains Xtext 0.7.2 under Mac OS X 10.6 and want to set up an Xtext project with Maven2.

The project structure is the standard Maven2 structure and there are no dependency problems. The grammar is also nothing special, it is a typical Xtext example.

Executing the MWE workflow works just fine but when I try to run the project as an Eclipse application I get the following error:

Quote:
Could not open the editor: The editor class could not be instantiated. This usually indicates a missing no-arg constructor or that the editor's class name was mistyped in plugin.xml.

I checked the constructor and the plugin.xml and they both are okay. Looks like the problem has something to do with the command "new MyDslUiModule()" in the "public void start" method of the "MyDslActivator" class. At least that's what I get from debugging.

Can somebody help me?
Re: Xtext 0.7.2 + Maven2 - "Could not open the editor" [message #557049 is a reply to message #551131] Fri, 03 September 2010 18:35 Go to previous message
Ryan Schmitt is currently offline Ryan SchmittFriend
I'm having this same problem with the Artihmetic example, running version 1.0.1.201008251220 on Eclipse 3.6.0.
Previous Topic:Supporting Refinement behavior
Next Topic:XPand Multiple Ouput Files and Multiple Beautifiers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:05:58 GMT 2024