Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Table in Table PageBreak
Table in Table PageBreak [message #549911] Wed, 28 July 2010 12:48 Go to next message
Peter is currently offline PeterFriend
Hi guys,

I have the following situation with a simple Table-in-Table scenario when creating a PDF with Birt 2.5.0:
In case of a large number of rows in the sub-table, which do not fit on one page, a page break is inserted before the sub-table. PageBreakInterval is set to 0 on both tables due to varying row heights.

Is there any way to avoid this behavior, so that the sub-table simply continues on the current page with the page break occuring after a couple of rows of the sub-table.

After playing around with the page break settings for a couple of hours, I hope you can help me out...
Thanks,
Peter
Re: Table in Table PageBreak [message #549937 is a reply to message #549911] Wed, 28 July 2010 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter is currently offline PeterFriend
While I was working on a sample to add to my post I stumbled over the solution. If you take a look at the row element that contains the table, the settings 'Page Break Before' and 'Page Break After' are set to 'Auto : Inherited'.

If you change these values to 'Avoid' one would assume that this might solve the issue but the trick is to set it back to 'Auto' and things are finally rendered as intended.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 July 2010 14:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Table in Table PageBreak [message #648603 is a reply to message #549937] Thu, 13 January 2011 16:13 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi,
I know a lot of time has passed since your posting, but i just wanted to say that this is a solution for who's looking for a "subreport" style of report. For me, a report like Order->OrderDetails can be done with nested tables, however if the "OrderDetails" table is big enough to ocupy an entire sheet, after Orders table prints a record a page break is done and the orderdetails content appears on the next page. the solution for me was providing the row that contains the child table (orderdetails) with the attribute pageBreakInside=Auto (and not Auto:Inherited).
Hope this will save hours of search nextime Wink
Previous Topic:Pie chart problem
Next Topic:Missing data in report-pdf!?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:24:10 GMT 2024