Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Connection Z-Order(Change the Z-Order of a selected connection within a diagram)
Connection Z-Order [message #549440] Mon, 26 July 2010 15:55 Go to next message
René is currently offline RenéFriend
Hi folks,

I'm pondering about how to change the z-order of a connection in a GEF-based diagram. Currently the ManhattanConnectionRouter is in charge for routing my connections. If there are a couple connections close together these connections were routed in the same fashion. As a result the connections overlap at some point and it is hard to figure out where is the origin and the destination of a connection.
To fix this I want to set a connection to the top level of the z-order when the user selects it and highlight it (highlighting is already done). I know that GEF defines the z-order about the children order of an EditPart . But I don't know which Part defines the order of connections. If i call getParent() within my ConnectionEditPart (extends AbstractConnectionEditPart) I will get a reference to ScaleableRootEditPart, but this one doesn't have any child connections.

I would be very glad if someone can give me a short sketch how to change the z-order of connections. I hope this is possible.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Kind Regards,
René
Re: Connection Z-Order [message #671712 is a reply to message #549440] Wed, 18 May 2011 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erik Englund is currently offline Erik EnglundFriend
René,

Did you ever figure this out? I am trying to do exactly the same thing with our connections.

Thanks,
Erik
Re: Connection Z-Order [message #682210 is a reply to message #671712] Fri, 10 June 2011 16:06 Go to previous message
Erik Englund is currently offline Erik EnglundFriend
So I was able to get this working by changing the order the connection appears within the list of view in the connection layer. The top element is the last element in the list.
Previous Topic:Word wrap in draw2d tooltips
Next Topic:Resizing LabelEditParts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:25:49 GMT 2024