Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Problem during meta-data refresh: Resource is not loc
Problem during meta-data refresh: Resource is not loc [message #546013] Fri, 09 July 2010 21:27 Go to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend

Does anyone know what this means or what I might do about it? There is a path in my workspace that is '/.buckminster/tp' -- I don't know what the non-local part means...

This was buried in a warning in the log (shouldn't it cause a fail?) and I think it might have something to do with my target platform is materializing correctly.

[code]INFO: Resetting target platform Buckminster Default TP
WARN: Problem during meta-data refresh: Resource '/.buckminster/tp' is not local.
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource '/.buckminster/tp' is not local.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkLocal(Reso urce.java:338)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkAccessible AndLocal(Resource.java:207)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.getPersistentPr operty(Resource.java:1178)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MetadataSynchronizer$R esetVisitor.visit(MetadataSynchronizer.java:148)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource$2.visit(Resourc e.java:112)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource$1.visitElement( Resource.java:64)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.watson.ElementTreeIterator.doItera tion(ElementTreeIterator.java:82)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.watson.ElementTreeIterator.doItera tion(ElementTreeIterator.java:86)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.watson.ElementTreeIterator.iterate (ElementTreeIterator.java:120)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.accept(Resource .java:74)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.accept(Resource .java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.accept(Resource .java:94)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MetadataSynchronizer$W orkspaceCatchUpJob.run(MetadataSynchronizer.java:186)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)[/q uote]
Re: Problem during meta-data refresh: Resource is not loc [message #546095 is a reply to message #546013] Sat, 10 July 2010 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker wrote on Fri, 09 July 2010 17:27

Does anyone know what this means or what I might do about it? There is a path in my workspace that is '/.buckminster/tp' -- I don't know what the non-local part means...

Just a note that I worked around this problem by creating a seperate build project for my target platform and then calling setPlatformPath to the location of that build's output. I don't know why this approach worked and having them all in the same build didn't..
Re: Problem during meta-data refresh: Resource is not loc [message #546240 is a reply to message #546095] Mon, 12 July 2010 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Utzig is currently offline Johannes UtzigFriend
Hi Miles,

> Just a note that I worked around this problem by creating a seperate
> build project for my target platform and then calling setPlatformPath to
> the location of that build's output. I don't know why this approach
> worked and having them all in the same build didn't..

From your other posts I assume you're doing this in Hudson.
Just in case you didn't know, that is what the Hudson plugin's 'Target
Platform Publisher' is meant for.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Building_an_RCP_application_with_hud son_(Buckminster)#Creating_the_Hudson_Job

That way you can just select the named TP in your other jobs instead of
manually entering a path for setTargetPlatformPath.
Mind though that the job creating the TP must be executed on the same
build machine (master or slave) as the jobs refering to the target
platform because the path will be only valid on the machine where the TP
has been archived of course.

Best regards,
Johannes
Re: Problem during meta-data refresh: Resource is not loc [message #546468 is a reply to message #546240] Tue, 13 July 2010 00:44 Go to previous message
Johannes Utzig wrote on Mon, 12 July 2010 05:10

That way you can just select the named TP in your other jobs instead of
manually entering a path for setTargetPlatformPath.
Mind though that the job creating the TP must be executed on the same
build machine (master or slave) as the jobs refering to the target
platform because the path will be only valid on the machine where the TP
has been archived of course.

Thanks Johannes, I was indeed doing half of that -- the publish part but setting the target platform manually -- I didn't realize that you could select it from the popup! Thanks.
Previous Topic:How-to ignore certain Eclipse builders (e.g. Checkstyle) as part of a headless build?
Next Topic:Repositories updated from rmap
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:38:19 GMT 2024