Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » ReportDesign (id = 1): Error
ReportDesign (id = 1): Error [message #545682] Thu, 08 July 2010 15:08 Go to next message
JP Redro is currently offline JP RedroFriend

Hi All,

While running (BIRT2.2.1) rptdesing in html mode i am getting following error. Could any one suggest me.

ReportDesign (id = 1):
- Cannot get the result set metadata.
SQL statement does not return a ResultSet object.
SQL error #1: ORA-01722: invalid number

Thanks,
JP

Thanks,
JP
Re: ReportDesign (id = 1): Error [message #545686 is a reply to message #545682] Thu, 08 July 2010 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard A. Polunsky is currently offline Richard A. PolunskyFriend

One of your dataset queries has incorrect syntax and is not generating a dataset. You will need to check the datasets and possibly any attached scripts.
Re: ReportDesign (id = 1): Error [message #545857 is a reply to message #545682] Fri, 09 July 2010 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi

I am able to run report successfully at development (birt), but when i deploy at server i am getting this error and not getting output. i have checked my queries and every thing is fine.

Thanks,
JP

Thanks,
JP
Re: ReportDesign (id = 1): Error [message #545870 is a reply to message #545682] Fri, 09 July 2010 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Are you using a parameter in your dataset? The Invalid Number error from Oracle can occur when you pass a string into a decimal/integer parameter slot (which sometimes works because of implied casting along the way). I had a report in which one table only failed with that error, and only at run time. Also, if your dataset has parameters, check to see what you have set in the dataset parameter list for defaults; an incorrect type there can also generate this error.

Best option for you is to take the dataset itself and put it into another report, then hook in the table, then add any parameters (and check the dataset parameter binding on the table object as well). You may need to essentially rebuild the report piecemeal to find out where the glitch is.

Sorry that I can't be of more specific help.

Re: ReportDesign (id = 1): Error [message #546321 is a reply to message #545870] Mon, 12 July 2010 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your help, i have done the same and now i am able to get output with out errors in development environment. But while running in server two columns not showing . i am getting the following error java.sql.SQLException: Unsupported feature

Please suggest me.

Thanks,
JP

Thanks,
JP
Re: ReportDesign (id = 1): Error [message #546350 is a reply to message #545682] Mon, 12 July 2010 14:15 Go to previous message

That sounds like the server is not using the same Oracle related libraries as the development environment is. Sorry but I can't help further.
Previous Topic:BIRT viewer doesn't work with VPN
Next Topic:Style/css in BIRT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:04:43 GMT 2024