Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » [CNF] FilteredTree support ?
[CNF] FilteredTree support ? [message #543995] Thu, 01 July 2010 09:56 Go to next message
Christophe Fondacci is currently offline Christophe FondacciFriend
Hello guyz,

CNF rocks ! It saved me huge amount of time and I use it more and more.
But I come with a very common need : tree filtering.

Is there a chance that we could wire the commonviewer and the filtered tree together ? From what I've seen I don't think this is possible so far.

That would be great.

I started implementing a "custom" text filter component which filters a common viewer but it raises several problems :
* First one is the "CANCEL" support for the Text control which overcomes non-natively supported text controls with a "cancel" option
* Second one is the recurse filtering : parent nodes need to match the filter when any of its child nodes matches. But with the navigator concepts, we may not know the children attached to a node so my implementation is not working well in all cases.

I would be interested in any existing workaround / tricks and discussions about providing this support.

Thank you,
Christophe.
http://www.nextep-softwares.com
Re: [CNF] FilteredTree support ? [message #544089 is a reply to message #543995] Thu, 01 July 2010 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francis Upton IV is currently offline Francis Upton IVFriend
Hi Christophe and thanks for your note.

You are the first I have heard trying to combine the use of a filtered tree with the CNF and I think it's a very good idea. I recommend you file an enhancement request against the CNF and if you would like to make a contribution in the form of a patch that would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know much about filtered trees and I don't know of any tricks or tips to suggest to you at this point.

Re: [CNF] FilteredTree support ? [message #544641 is a reply to message #544089] Mon, 05 July 2010 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
Francis Upton wrote:
> Hi Christophe and thanks for your note.
>
> You are the first I have heard trying to combine the use of a filtered
> tree with the CNF
See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=69200

Dani
> and I think it's a very good idea. I recommend you file an enhancement
> request against the CNF and if you would like to make a contribution
> in the form of a patch that would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I don't know much about filtered trees and I don't know of any tricks
> or tips to suggest to you at this point.
Re: [CNF] FilteredTree support ? [message #546771 is a reply to message #544089] Wed, 14 July 2010 07:39 Go to previous message
Li Junhong is currently offline Li JunhongFriend
Francis Upton wrote on Thu, 01 July 2010 10:45
Hi Christophe and thanks for your note.

You are the first I have heard trying to combine the use of a filtered tree with the CNF and I think it's a very good idea. I recommend you file an enhancement request against the CNF and if you would like to make a contribution in the form of a patch that would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know much about filtered trees and I don't know of any tricks or tips to suggest to you at this point.

Hi Francis,

I saw that one year ago you said that you've developed a license control related component, which I'm really interested in. I'm looking for this type of plugins right now.

I cannot get your email address so that I have to post this here, hope you'll see it. If you do, please leave me a mail: peonest@gmail.com

We are going to release an RCP product, I'd like to know what your component can do. It's ok if you charge something. Please contact me. Thanks!
Previous Topic:How to remove toolbar when Console view is firstly created.
Next Topic:P2 Update of RCP based application failes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 20:34:52 GMT 2024