Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to change project properties?
How to change project properties? [message #543972] Thu, 01 July 2010 08:52 Go to next message
Adam Mallow is currently offline Adam MallowFriend
Hello,

currently I am looking for a way how to change the properties of an eclipse project dynamically. It should simply add or remove a number of sources and libraries without doing this manually.

I already tried to find an answer in the eclipse help and some books, but there is only described how to set up new property pages, but not how to modify the old ones.

thx for help
Re: How to change project properties? [message #544065 is a reply to message #543972] Thu, 01 July 2010 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francis Upton IV is currently offline Francis Upton IVFriend
There really are no centralized project properties. Each component of Eclipse that provides a properties page has its own way of managing these. So for example if you want to change the Java build path, then you need to consult JDT and see how it's possible to do that programatically.

Re: How to change project properties? [message #544166 is a reply to message #543972] Thu, 01 July 2010 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
budili Missing name is currently offline budili Missing nameFriend

Whats your requirements?

Change the properties programatically ... or transport the properties to another projects or workspaces?
Re: How to change project properties? [message #545626 is a reply to message #544166] Thu, 08 July 2010 13:21 Go to previous message
Adam Mallow is currently offline Adam MallowFriend
there is a number of components that are used for our projects. each customer gets software that is put together individually. but these components maybe have to be changed for some customers individually because of special requirements of the customer. so when developing and deploying the software, it is required, the add each source and lib manually. furthermore the project specific properties. you don't know in advance whether one component has to be modified or not. so dependent on the customers project a different number of components have to be used and modified. for one developer this wouldn't be a problem ...

because it is an enormous effort to configure for each developer we are looking for a solution to do this automatically.

this week i looked at buckminster, but i don't know if it really fits the requirements ...
Previous Topic:Display non-stacked multiple instances of a view
Next Topic:How to show build number in the About dialog?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:02:34 GMT 2024