Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Eclipse RCP Integration(Eclipse RCP Integration)
Eclipse RCP Integration [message #543687] Wed, 30 June 2010 10:01 Go to next message
vaideeswaran  is currently offline vaideeswaran Friend
Hi All,

I am very new to working with Eclipse Plugins. My requirement is that I have two projects one developed using Eclipse RCP Plugin (basically it is an eclipse application) and the other one is usual java swing application. I have to integrate both the applications now (ie) I need to call the java swing application from Eclipse RCP Plugin. I am able to build the project but not able run the application because of runtime classpath issues. The only way I am able to solve this issue is by converting the java application into a plugin. Can you please let me know is this the only way or the correct way of doing. I am very new to this..Is there no way of just creating an object without converting the java application into a plugin.

Thank you for your help.

Thanks
V
Re: Eclipse RCP Integration [message #543705 is a reply to message #543687] Wed, 30 June 2010 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yogiraj Mahajan is currently offline Yogiraj MahajanFriend
Hi,

I think you can add your Java application in classpath of your Eclipse plugin & you can call the methods from eclipse rcp by creating object of java application class .
Don't know work or not,just given a try, as me too very new to RCP.

Cheeers,
Re: Eclipse RCP Integration [message #543733 is a reply to message #543687] Wed, 30 June 2010 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I already tried that it isnt working..There is no way to add the project to the plugin's classpath other than creating a plugin.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
V
Re: Eclipse RCP Integration [message #543908 is a reply to message #543733] Thu, 01 July 2010 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Go to plugin.xml under Runtime tab , classpath Add your Java App(Before adding you need to copy your Java app code in plugin project in a folder)

Cheers,
Yogiraj
Re: Eclipse RCP Integration [message #543928 is a reply to message #543908] Thu, 01 July 2010 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "Before adding you need to copy your Java app code in plugin project in a folder"

Thanks
V
Re: Eclipse RCP Integration [message #543930 is a reply to message #543928] Thu, 01 July 2010 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Copy your Java App code in your Plugin project ,
e.g: Suppose you got one Java App as Example , copy it to plugin project as it is,then in Runtime tab of plugin.xml add the Java App folder in your classpath .

_Yogiraj
Re: Eclipse RCP Integration [message #543931 is a reply to message #543930] Thu, 01 July 2010 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you once again yogi,

My requirement is that I have two projects one a eclipse plugin and another on an standalone project. I need to call the standalone project from the eclipse plugin project. For calling I did the following.

1) Converted the standalone project as a plugin.

2) updated the manifest.mf for both the projects.

But still i am getting noclassdeffounderror. Can you please let me know if i am missing any steps.

Re: Eclipse RCP Integration [message #543933 is a reply to message #543931] Thu, 01 July 2010 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I too got ClassNotFound exception when I was adding some jars to my plugin , I was getting this error because I was adding the classpath by giving just the name of the jar in Runtime tab with NEW Button in classpath. I overcome this exception by adding a lib folder with that particular jar in it, later I updated the classpath with ADD Button in classpath by selecting the lib/xyz.jar .

So your scenario is you want to add one Java Standalone project in plugin project
1) Don't convert standalone project into plugin rather simply copy and paste this project in to plugin project , parallel to src of plugin project
2)Update the classpath in Runtime tab of plugin.xml with ADD button & select the standalone project which you copied before in plugin project.Also add you src of plugin project in classpath.

3) Save & run.

Hope this work for you..!!!
Re: Eclipse RCP Integration [message #543940 is a reply to message #543687] Thu, 01 July 2010 07:30 Go to previous message
Hi Yogiraj,

It wont work because just copying the project inside the plugin project parallel to the src folder will demand to change the code.

I need to change the code if i have to copy the whole project into plugin project because the package names will change.

Please let me know is there any other way to solve this issue. The only way I can think of is to create the standalone project as a plugin and add it as a dependancy.
Unfortunately even that is not working as i am getting
a noclassdeffounderror.

Please advice.

Thanks
Previous Topic:Creating Eclipse plugins from jars
Next Topic:Access system Arguments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:56:38 GMT 2024