Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Reuse Eclipse Welcome/Intro for our product
Reuse Eclipse Welcome/Intro for our product [message #542470] Fri, 25 June 2010 00:03 Go to next message
Erik Guzman is currently offline Erik GuzmanFriend
Instead of creating our own welcome page for our product instead I would like to reuse the Welcome page and hook into it like a plugin would do so. I have tried going through the help guides in order to determine a way but I am stone walled at the moment. Is it possible to some how do a introProductBinding into the existing welcome page and hook in my additional content to that?

[Updated on: Fri, 25 June 2010 00:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Reuse Eclipse Welcome/Intro for our product [message #542723 is a reply to message #542470] Fri, 25 June 2010 17:40 Go to previous message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
Erik Guzman wrote on Thu, 24 June 2010 20:03
Instead of creating our own welcome page for our product instead I would like to reuse the Welcome page and hook into it like a plugin would do so. I have tried going through the help guides in order to determine a way but I am stone walled at the moment. Is it possible to some how do a introProductBinding into the existing welcome page and hook in my additional content to that?

Yes, you can add more intro content to universal intro (Universal Intro is the intro used by the Eclipse SDK.

You can create a plug-in with sample intro content as follows, File/New/Project/Plug-in Project.
Enter a name for the project and hit Next twice to get to the templates page.
Select Custom Plug-in Wizard and hit Next.
Check Universal Welcome Contribution and hit Finish.

Once you've created the sample you should be able to figure out how to create the contributions you want.

Previous Topic:Turn OFF DEBUG org.mortbay.log???
Next Topic:Mix seam and JSP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:56:02 GMT 2024