Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Missing CSpec source required by component type osgi.bundle for local reader
Missing CSpec source required by component type osgi.bundle for local reader [message #542234] Thu, 24 June 2010 09:58 Go to next message
Armin Mueller is currently offline Armin MuellerFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to import the required plugins from a local eclipse installation (3.5.2). Here's the rmap searchPath:
    <searchPath name="local"> 
        <provider readerType="local"
            componentTypes="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature"
            mutable="true" source="false">
            <uri format="file:///c:/eclipse/plugins/{0}">
                <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component" />
            </uri>
        </provider>
    </searchPath>

The error I'm getting is
ERROR   [0000] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core:osgi.bundle/[1.3.0.v20100113-1121,1.3.0.v20100113-1121] was found in resourceMap file:/E:/SSDE/trunk/ssde/de.scopeset.vsd.ssde.site/site_local.rmap
  ERROR   [0000] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core:osgi.bundle/[1.3.0.v20100113-1121,1.3.0.v20100113-1121] was found in searchPath local
    ERROR   [0000] : Resolution attempt ended with exception: Provider local(file:///c:/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core): Missing CSpec source required by component type osgi.bundle
      ERROR   Provider local(file:///c:/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core): Missing CSpec source required by component type osgi.bundle

I do have an org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core_1.3.0.v20100113-1121.ja r in C:/eclipse/plugins - so what am I missing here ?

thx,
Armin
Re: Missing CSpec source required by component type osgi.bundle for local reader [message #542253 is a reply to message #542234] Thu, 24 June 2010 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Armin,

The local reader assumes that the target is a folder (checked out source typically). Try adding the eclipse installation
to your target platform instead. Alternatively, use the Eclipse p2 repository to resolve it.

You could try pointing the p2 reader to the plugins folder. It will probably succeed for the targets that are jars.
Unpacked bundles will not be found though. So again, best tip is to add the installation to the TP.

- thomas

On 06/24/2010 11:58 AM, Armin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to import the required plugins from a local eclipse
> installation (3.5.2). Here's the rmap searchPath:
>
> <searchPath name="local"> <provider readerType="local"
> componentTypes="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature"
> mutable="true" source="false">
> <uri format="file:///c:/eclipse/plugins/{0}">
> <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component" />
> </uri>
> </provider>
> </searchPath>
>
> The error I'm getting is
>
> ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component
> org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core:osgi.bundle/[1.3.0.v201 00113-1121,1.3.0.v20100113-1121]
> was found in resourceMap
> file:/E:/SSDE/trunk/ssde/de.scopeset.vsd.ssde.site/site_loca l.rmap
> ERROR [0000] : No suitable provider for component
> org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core:osgi.bundle/[1.3.0.v201 00113-1121,1.3.0.v20100113-1121]
> was found in searchPath local
> ERROR [0000] : Resolution attempt ended with exception: Provider
> local( file:///c:/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.c ore):
> Missing CSpec source required by component type osgi.bundle
> ERROR Provider
> local( file:///c:/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.c ore):
> Missing CSpec source required by component type osgi.bundle
>
>
> I do have an
> org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core_1.3.0.v20100113-1121.ja r in
> C:/eclipse/plugins - so what am I missing here ?
>
> thx,
> Armin
Re: Missing CSpec source required by component type osgi.bundle for local reader [message #542344 is a reply to message #542234] Thu, 24 June 2010 15:04 Go to previous message
Armin Mueller is currently offline Armin MuellerFriend
Hi Thomas,

> The local reader assumes that the target is a folder (checked out source typically). Try adding the eclipse installation to your target platform instead

sorry for the stupid question but how do I do that ? This is how my rcp.target looks like so far:

<target name="SSDE Target">
<locations>
<location includeAllPlatforms="true" includeMode="slicer" type="InstallableUnit">
<unit id="org.eclipse.equinox.executable.feature.group" version="3.3.201.R35x_v20091211-7M-FngFELSU3Pqlv3JdZn"/>
<unit id="org.eclipse.rcp.sdk.id" version="3.5.2.M20100211-1343"/>
<repository location="http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo"/>
</location>
</locations>
<environment>
<os>win32</os>
<ws>win32</ws>
<arch>x86</arch>
</environment>
</target>

> Alternatively, use the Eclipse p2 repository to resolve it.

I tried to, but I failed there as well.

> You could try pointing the p2 reader to the plugins folder.

Ok, that works, at least up to a point where I get similar errors as in the p2 downloads:
Error: file E:\SSDE-Build\ssde\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF, line 19: Package 'org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.ant' does not exist in this plug-in

which I don't get because this happens on plugins I never touched ?

thx,
Armin

Previous Topic:importtargetdefinition errors silently ignored
Next Topic:workspace.root resolution
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:12:51 GMT 2024