Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » [zest] View fails to update graph after subsequent calls to setInput [closed]
[zest] View fails to update graph after subsequent calls to setInput [closed] [message #539985] Mon, 14 June 2010 14:08 Go to next message
cefdemetser is currently offline cefdemetserFriend
Dear,

I'm using the Zest GraphViewer as a component in an eclipse View. I want to dynamically change the ContentProvider (IGraphEntityContentProvider) and content of the GraphViewer, by calling:

viewer.setContentProvider(provider);
viewer.setInput(providerDefinition.read(file));

The first time this code is called, all works well. However, subsequent calls leave me with an empty view, although a manual call to 'getElements' of the provider is not empty. I tried different redraw/refresh/update strategies, but nothing seems to work.

The bottom line is, how do I force the viewer to update the UI as to show the new graph?

Thanks.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 June 2010 11:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [zest] View fails to update graph after subsequent calls to setInput [message #540210 is a reply to message #539985] Tue, 15 June 2010 11:51 Go to previous message
cefdemetser is currently offline cefdemetserFriend
Problem is solved and had an application-specific and obscure cause. Eventually it came down to not setting the font of a Draw2D label, leading to an undetected null-pointer-exception in the Draw2D code.
Previous Topic:org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.TreeViewer in ViewPart
Next Topic:Problem adding PolylineConnection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:20:28 GMT 2024