Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » sql query text for a new data set
icon5.gif  sql query text for a new data set [message #537252] Tue, 01 June 2010 16:50 Go to next message
Hesus is currently offline HesusFriend
Hello all,

First of all thank you for all the information stored here which helps all of us to learn BIRT and be able to develop all the objects needed for our jobs, courses, etc...

I need your help...

I need to know how I can to join several queries into a unique new data set sql query text. For example, with Reporting Services I able to specify several queries in a unique data set and use it to show data in my report, I don't know if I explain it correctly. I need to do the following steps:

drop table <schema_name>."<table_name>";

create table <schema_name>."<table_name>"
as
select distinct "<column_name>", count(*) as "<alias_name>"
from <schema_name>."<another_table>"
group by "<another_column>";

select <alias_1>."<column>", <alias_1>."<column>", <alias_1>."column", <alias_2>."column"
from <schema_name>."<another_table>" <alias_1>, <schema_name>."<another_table>" <alias_2>
where ...;

I mean, I need three (or several) queries in my data set sql query text in order to build the data set which I'll use to show it in the report.

Please, could you help me about this? It's possible to do that? I hope my explanation have been clear. Sorry for my English level...

Thanks in advance.

Best regards...
Re: sql query text for a new data set [message #537260 is a reply to message #537252] Tue, 01 June 2010 17:37 Go to previous message
Richard A. Polunsky is currently offline Richard A. PolunskyFriend

I don't think you can execute DDL in the Dataset query, at least I cannot using Oracle. Why do you need to have your BIRT report create a permanent database table? With what you have described I would think you could write a single query referencing all necessary tables and creating aliases. What database are you using?
Previous Topic:Any plans for OOXML?
Next Topic:[BIRT Report Viewer] Exception running on JBoss
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:20:58 GMT 2024