Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Welcome Dialog Help(Welcome Page entry shows blank welcome page)
Welcome Dialog Help [message #536061] Wed, 26 May 2010 20:19 Go to next message
Chris LeBlanc is currently offline Chris LeBlancFriend
Hi,
We have branded Eclipse to show our splash screen, online help, welcome page, etc.

When I choose Help > Welcome... I get two entries. Both with the same product name only, one shows the welcome.xml from the primary plug-in and the other shows an empty page. The one that works comes from the eclipse\plug-ins\<plugin_name>\welcome.xml and is defined the the plug-in's about.ini file.

The other one I cannot find where it is defined nor where it is trying to load the empty welcome page. Ideally, I would just like the extra one to not be shown on the Welcome Dialog and leave the one that is working. Only thing is that I cannot locate where it is being populated in the Welcome Dialog.

Any ideas?

Regards,
-Chris
Re: Welcome Dialog Help [message #538547 is a reply to message #536061] Mon, 07 June 2010 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
When you say you get two entries do you mean that there are two menu entries called Welcome under the Help menu?
Re: Welcome Dialog Help [message #545151 is a reply to message #538547] Tue, 06 July 2010 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris LeBlanc is currently offline Chris LeBlancFriend
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I mean that when I choose Help->Welcome..., I am presented with a dialog box whose title is "Welcome". In the "Show welcome page for:" list box, there are two entries for the product name. When I click the first entry, I get the configured Welcome.xml, when I click the second, I get an empty page.

Regards,
-Chris
Re: Welcome Dialog Help [message #545708 is a reply to message #545151] Thu, 08 July 2010 17:22 Go to previous message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
Chris LeBlanc wrote on Tue, 06 July 2010 15:14
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I mean that when I choose Help->Welcome..., I am presented with a dialog box whose title is "Welcome". In the "Show welcome page for:" list box, there are two entries for the product name. When I click the first entry, I get the configured Welcome.xml, when I click the second, I get an empty page.

Regards,
-Chris

I'm not sure exactly where that dialog is coming from, if you can bring up that dialog and press Alt-Shift-F1 to get the Plug-In Selection Spy that will give the name of the dialog class. My guess is that this is happening in Platform UI before creating an Intro Part. Once you have the name of the dialog class you can put a breakpoint in it and then trace down the stack to see why it is presenting you with a choice of two intros. One possibility is that you have two intro product bindings for one product.
Previous Topic:custom property view
Next Topic:Infocenter -- what URL will load the infocenter and run a search immediately?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:00:19 GMT 2024