Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » DSDP - Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) » Missing features of MIDP 2.X/CLDC API (WTK 3.0)
Missing features of MIDP 2.X/CLDC API (WTK 3.0) [message #535061] Fri, 21 May 2010 08:12 Go to next message
Erik  is currently offline Erik Friend
Dear everyone,

Ive been using WTK 2.5.2 on linux for a long time, but just made the switch to OS X.

After installing J2ME WTK3.0 and eclipse I got it to work by copying out the files from the app needed by the MTJ plugin, (instructions i found on the web)

My problem now is even for CLDC 1.1/MIDP 2.0 apps it complains that Thread(String ) is not a valid constructor, and that DataOutputSteam doesnt have methods for writeDouble, writeFloat etc. (same for inputsteams when it comes to reading these types)

It links correct to the cldc 1.1 and midp 2.0 (and cldc 1.0 and midp 1.0) in the build path, but why is this not working?!

Thanks in advance!

Erik
Re: Missing features of MIDP 2.X/CLDC API (WTK 3.0) [message #537143 is a reply to message #535061] Tue, 01 June 2010 13:07 Go to previous message
Gustavo de Paula is currently offline Gustavo de PaulaFriend
the issue seems to be on the import process. current it is import both cldc jars but the 1.0 is imported before the 1.1. this cause that the DataOutStream class is found in the CLDC 1.0 jar and this class does not include a flout related methods. i just filed a bug to implement the fix.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=315209

in the meantime, a possible workaround is to go to the device management and duplicate one of the devices. after that you can just edit the device and remove the CLDC 1.0 library from it. i did this test here and it gives an exception during the project creation (not sure yet why). but i just went on after the exception (canceling teh wizard) and the project was created ok and i was able to run the midlet

Smile
gep

[Updated on: Tue, 01 June 2010 13:09]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Corrupt JAR, error while reading: midlet/MIDlet.class
Next Topic:Missing features of MIDP 2.X/CLDC API (WTK 3.0)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:12:09 GMT 2024