Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Revert fails, artifact file not found
Revert fails, artifact file not found [message #534347] Tue, 18 May 2010 18:40 Go to next message
Ben Vitale is currently offline Ben VitaleFriend
When I try to revert my branded IDE product to a previous version, it fails as shown below. The bundle it's complaining about exists under "plugins" just like it did before. Any ideas on this one?

This is on 3.5.0.

---------------

Error
Tue May 18 13:39:12 EDT 2010
An error occurred while installing the items

Error
The artifact file for osgi.bundle,com.company.plugin,2.0.0.200912111449 was not found.

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_13
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

Error
session context was:(profile=profile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.pha ses.Install, operand=null --> [R]com.company.plugin 2.0.0.200912111449, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.ac tions.InstallBundleAction).
Re: Revert fails, artifact file not found [message #534607 is a reply to message #534347] Wed, 19 May 2010 15:57 Go to previous message
Ben Vitale is currently offline Ben VitaleFriend
This is solved. Here's what I discovered.

When the product was originally built, and a director install performed on the build machine, that produced the initial profile snapshots, which each had the "installFolder" property set to <directory on build server>.

If I moved the build to my PC and ran it from some other directory, then immediately updated to a new version, then tried to revert, it would fail as described. The problem was it was trying to revert to a profile with an installFolder on some other machine.

If I ran the product, then exited it, *then* updated it and tried to revert it, that succeeded.

It appears that a new profile snapshot is taken on shutdown after initial startup, and it records the proper installFolder. Reverting to that snapshot works fine.

Since my clients will have at least launched/exited the product once before upgrading, if they need to revert, the problem scenario should not occur in the field.

Whew...
Previous Topic:Unable to load repositories
Next Topic:Declarative Service in a class created by eclipse extension point
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:51:31 GMT 2024