Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » P2 dev » p2.director installIU(Problem to install IU)
p2.director installIU [message #534175] Tue, 18 May 2010 09:59
Manuel Selva is currently offline Manuel SelvaFriend
Hi there,

I facing an issue that I was not able to solve so I am asking here for your help.

I have an headless build building some features and then launching J-Unit tests.

To do that, I first build my features (it's ok), then install these features in a new "configuration" and finally run the tests.

The problem resides at features installation level performed as following:

<java dir="${env.ECLIPSE}/plugins" classname="org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main" fork="yes" classpathref="equinox.launcher.class.path" maxmemory="512m">
<arg line="-application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -repository file://${extensions} -installIU ${features} -configuration ${config}" />
</java>

This command completed successfully.

Then I run the test suite as following:

<java dir="${env.ECLIPSE}/plugins" classname="org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main" fork="yes" classpathref="equinox.launcher.class.path" maxmemory="512m">
<arg line="-application org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime.uitestapplication -port ${pde.test.port} -testpluginname ${plugin.name} -classnames ${pde.test.classes} -configuration ${config}" />
</java>

In this workbench with this configuration I can see that my features are correctly installed (they are displayed in the installation details - installed software dialog but my plugins are not visible (and not loaded because test failed with class not found exception) in the plugins tab.

Am I missing something, any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Manu

Previous Topic:P2 Discovery Connectors
Next Topic:Feature patch installs and is then removed on restart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:24:11 GMT 2024