Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » How to print a whole big Tree widget (print widget)
How to print a whole big Tree widget [message #534124] Tue, 18 May 2010 07:36 Go to next message
Li Junhong is currently offline Li JunhongFriend
Hi All,

I need to print a view with a Tree widget, this tree has many sub items, if I unfold all the nodes, this tree will be scrolled. Now if I want to print this whole tree, not only what I can see on the screen. How to realize this?

I found the samples on the net to print an SWT widget is only to get a screenshot first and then print it directly, which means it will only print what it is displayed on the screen. How to print the whole tree? Are there any clues or samples? Any comments are welcome.

Regards!
---------------------
Li
Re: How to print a whole big Tree widget [message #534142 is a reply to message #534124] Tue, 18 May 2010 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vijay RajFriend
There is no general answer..

May be create text like this and print

A
|_A1
| |_A11
| |_A12
|_A2
|_A3

Or
A
/ \
A1 A2
/ \
A21 A22 format it like a inverted tree

And offcourse if there is a lot of data with lot of children and subchildren then it doesnt make sence to print that tree...

---------------------
why, mr. Anderson, why, why do you persist?
Because I Choose To.
Regards,
Vijay
Re: How to print a whole big Tree widget [message #534404 is a reply to message #534142] Wed, 19 May 2010 02:29 Go to previous message
Li Junhong is currently offline Li JunhongFriend
Hi Vijay,

Thanks very much for your information. But I'm afraid that our client won't accept the plain text hierarchy solution you just mentioned.

I just wonder if there is any way to realize my initial requirements, or do you know any clues to implement it? Thanks again.

Regards!
---------------------------
Li
Previous Topic:SWT.Show not called for child widgets?
Next Topic:Can I find what CTabItem my Control is in?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:32:58 GMT 2024