Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Update Site Start to Finish(How to actually create a p2 site?)
Update Site Start to Finish [message #533521] Fri, 14 May 2010 11:59
Ed Kohlwey is currently offline Ed KohlweyFriend
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out how to create a p2 update site/repository thats hosted on an HTTP server. The site needs to host platform-dependent plug-in fragments which already exist as jars. I've added OSGI metadata to them by unzipping the jars and adding hand-written manifests. All the projects, including the host plug-in, are located in my Eclipse workspace.

I've tried the following:

1. Create a feature with the plugin and use right-click export -> works but doesn't export fragments.
2. Create a feature with the plugin and its fragments, and export (as above) -> works, but only exports fragments for the platform I'm running
3. Install delta pack and repeat 2, but click "export for multiple platforms" -> generates an error ("Host plug-in Bundle-NativeCode_0.0.0 has not been found"). I believe this is a bug and will be entering a report after some investigation.
4. Use "site.p2" export from buckminster gui. Again, doesn't generate artifacts for all platforms, and doesn't even seem to produce the p2 metadata.

Additionally, the sites I created with 1 and 2 can't actually be read by eclipse once I put them on an HTTP (Apache httpd) server.

Is there a single FAQ somewhere for how to do this?
Previous Topic:Command Contribution to search results
Next Topic:Update Site Start to Finish
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:49:38 GMT 2024