Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Make resource stick with Context
Make resource stick with Context [message #533146] Wed, 12 May 2010 12:13 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi,

is there a possibility in Mylyn to make a resource stick with the Context?

For example if I know that I will be working on certain files in a context for sure, then I don't want them to dissapear from it.

Btw: Using Landmarks for that doesn't seem to work, if I apply a Landmark to a java file, nothing happens.

I'm using Mylyn version 3.3.3.

Thanks,
Pete

My system:
- WinXP
- jre1.5.0_05
- Eclipse Galileo Java EE IDE for Web Developers.
Re: Make resource stick with Context [message #533231 is a reply to message #533146] Wed, 12 May 2010 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
It doesn't appear as if you can make files a "landmark". You can make components in those files landmarks, but not the files themselves. For instance, in a Java source file, you can make the primary class in the source file a landmark, but not the file.
Re: Make resource stick with Context [message #533532 is a reply to message #533231] Fri, 14 May 2010 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Thanks @David - that works.

Is there a possibility to configure Mylyn so that it will mark components as landmarks automaticaly once I have changed that file or added it (in a SVN repository)?

Cheers
Peter
Re: Make resource stick with Context [message #533541 is a reply to message #533532] Fri, 14 May 2010 13:59 Go to previous message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
No, I'm not aware of any way to do that.

Perhaps in the far future, when we can attach arbitrary Groovy code to any published event in Eclipse, to execute arbitrary published actions.
Previous Topic:i think i have a memo leak in eclipse mylyn
Next Topic:Mylyn and bugtracker.net
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:11:15 GMT 2024