Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Linking to Topics in Another Plugin(Linking to Topics in Another Plugin)
Linking to Topics in Another Plugin [message #531138] Mon, 03 May 2010 20:34 Go to next message
Ole Ersoy is currently offline Ole ErsoyFriend
Hi,

Anyone know how to link to topics or content contained in another help plugin? I'd also like to link to a topic for which the infocenter generates the content (topic containers where the topic does not have an href corresponding and only serves as a category, so the infocenter generates the page with links to subtopics).

TIA,
- Ole
Re: Linking to Topics in Another Plugin [message #531147 is a reply to message #531138] Mon, 03 May 2010 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Austin is currently offline Chris AustinFriend
Hi Ole,

If I understand your question correctly, 1 way to link to other plugin topics is to use a relative path in your html, something like this:

<a href="../../other.plugin.id/html/othertopic.html">Other Topic</a>

As far as the generated topics, I don't know of a way to find them at runtime, since the nav number changes based on how many books you have. If someone else knows, feel free to jump in.

What may be helpful is some new functionality in 3.6:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=190467

This feature allows you to include the dynamic children's list right in the topic.
Re: Linking to Topics in Another Plugin [message #531400 is a reply to message #531147] Tue, 04 May 2010 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris,

Excellent - Thank you. Linking to content in other plugins looks easy enough.

It seems the 3.6 feature is only for adding sub topics to an overview page, if I understand correctly. What I'm looking for is the ability to link to a generated overview page from another page that's possibly located in a different plugin. So for instance if the topic had a unique id:

<topic id="someUniqueID" label="Make it Simple">
      </topic>

Then, if there was a link interceptor / listener that gets notified in the event of a click on the anchor element, it could resolve a link specified like this:

<a href="href="../../other.plugin.id#someUniqueID"></a>

Thanks again,
- Ole
Re: Linking to Topics in Another Plugin [message #531402 is a reply to message #531138] Tue, 04 May 2010 18:12 Go to previous message
ooops - The anchor element example should look like this:

<a href="../../other.plugin.id#someUniqueID"></a>

Previous Topic:Deploy infocenter as war file
Next Topic:a bug of eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:11:54 GMT 2024