Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Is the report viewer of ActuateJavaComponent (V10 SP1) is compatiable with Birt 2.5.X report designs(Is Birt 2.5.X compatiable with Actuate viewer)
Is the report viewer of ActuateJavaComponent (V10 SP1) is compatiable with Birt 2.5.X report designs [message #530014] Wed, 28 April 2010 07:49 Go to next message
Eddie  is currently offline Eddie Friend
Hi,
I am using Birt 2.5.X and evaluating using ActuateJavaComponent to act as a
viewer (regular or interactive).

ActuateJavaComponent version 10 SP1 doesn't work for me, and I suspect that
it support only Birt 2.3.2 (as I discovered that only IServer express 11
works with my Birt 2.5.X).

Is this true that ActuateJavaComponent version 10 SP1 doesn't work with Birt
2.5.X? If so, is there higher ActuateJavaComponent version that works with
Birt 2.5.X?

By the way- The error that I'm getting trying to view 2.5.X reports on Viewer 10 SP1 is:
18004: Cannot get report parameter. Cause: The design XXX.rptdesign has error and can not be run. PARAMETER1=Cannot get report parameter. Cause: The design XXX.rptdesign has error and can not be run.

Thanks,

Eddie Sasson
Re: Is the report viewer of ActuateJavaComponent (V10 SP1) is compatiable with Birt 2.5.X report des [message #530235 is a reply to message #530014] Thu, 29 April 2010 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob Murphy is currently offline Rob MurphyFriend
Hi Eddie,
All Actuate 10 BIRT based products are based on BIRT 2.3.x. The Actuate Java Components version 10 SP1 support BIRT report designs up to BIRT 2.3.2. The error you are getting is consistent with running a higher version BIRT design than is supported.

Actuate 11 will be based on BIRT 2.5.

You can evaluate the Actuate 11 BIRT viewer and Interactive Viewer through the iServer Express which can be downloaded from http://www.birt-exchange.org/wiki/Actuate_11/. At this point, the Actuate Java Components are not available in the beta releases.

Rob
Re: Is the report viewer of ActuateJavaComponent (V10 SP1) is compatiable with Birt 2.5.X report des [message #530279 is a reply to message #530235] Thu, 29 April 2010 08:24 Go to previous message
Eddie  is currently offline Eddie Friend
Thanks Rob for the reply.

Do you know when/if the Actuate Java Components, for BIRT 2.5 design, will be available outside the IServer express (as a webapp that can be deployed under our TOMCAT)?

Eddie
Previous Topic:Report parameters in library (problem using them)
Next Topic:BackGround Image in Master Page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:58:25 GMT 2024