Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Sort X-axis when optionally grouped by Y-axis
Sort X-axis when optionally grouped by Y-axis [message #529567] Mon, 26 April 2010 12:36
Fane Prapad is currently offline Fane PrapadFriend
I have a chart (Scatter Chart) that displays some error rates series with 4 columns: Error name(X-axis), and Error rate,in percentage values(Y-axis), Error interval and Sort order(sort order of the Error names).
I need to display these Error rates according to how they fit in the following intervals:
- <20% (colored in green)
- >=20% and <=50% (yellow)
- >50% (red)

I managed to display them in the chart(using scripting to color the markers) by "optionally grouping" them on a 3rd column, Error interval, that I have calculated within the same query on the database.

My problem is that when I "optionally group Y series" on the 3rd column, the Sorting on X-axis is not applied anymore on "sort order" column, but on Error name alphabetically. When I am using this grouping option on Y series, the sorting tab for X-axis values is disabled.

Is there any way of sorting the X-axis values using a different field - other than those used for X and Y-axis values - when the "optional Y series grouping" is used?
Edit/Delete Message
Previous Topic:How to Freeze Columns in a report
Next Topic:Problem with ReportDesigns and IRunTask.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:32:54 GMT 2024