Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » using compare apis without the plugin environment
using compare apis without the plugin environment [message #528477] Tue, 20 April 2010 16:22 Go to next message
Gemon  is currently offline Gemon Friend
Hi,
for my project I need to compare 2 files (well, xml files) and I would like to use the org.eclipse.compare apis.
What I found in these couple of days of study, though, is that it is not possible to instantiate objects of those classes without having a plugin infrastructure.
I looked at the org.eclipse.compare.examples.xml package but I couldn't find a way to use those classes without referring to a plugin.
What I need is
- have 2 files as left and right
- compare them
- obtain an object having the differences between left and right
since they are xml, the plus i'd need differences in a structured form.
another needed behaviour would be to configure which conditions are considered as differences and which should be ignored, as apparently is done in the org.eclipse.compare.examples.xml with the class IdMap.

Can I use the package from my own custom classes without having a plugin, resources, etc.?

Thanks for the reply
Gemon
Re: using compare apis without the plugin environment [message #528491 is a reply to message #528477] Tue, 20 April 2010 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
This post isn't really related to the plug-in development environment (PDE). If you have questions about the compare plug-in you are better off asking in the Eclipse Platform forum.

The org.eclipse.compare plug-in requires a lot of other bundles (eclipse ui, ui.ide, resources, expressions, etc.). The compare code requires code from these other bundles to run.

A plug-in contains the compiled java code, so it is possible to add it to the classpath of your custom code. However, you will have to ensure that all required code is also on the classpath.
Re: using compare apis without the plugin environment [message #528762 is a reply to message #528477] Wed, 21 April 2010 16:58 Go to previous message
Gemon  is currently offline Gemon Friend
ok thanks. I'd expect such an answer.
I'll try to repost to the correct forum
regards
Gemon
Previous Topic:Building an Eclipse Plugin (depending on another Eclipse Plugin) using Maven
Next Topic:using compare apis without the plugin environment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:52:47 GMT 2024