Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » add WTP support to existing project
add WTP support to existing project [message #528415] Tue, 20 April 2010 12:52 Go to next message
David Delbecq is currently offline David DelbecqFriend
Hello,

i currently have an existing set of linked maven 2 projects, which get imported in eclipse as java projects. I'd like, on the projects that are actually web projects, to somehow add the wtp nature to those. I'm a bit lost at what i should do. All docs i have found so far mention "importing project" but my project is already in workspace, handled by m2clipse plugin, so "importing" is no option.

Additional problem is that my web projects are divided as follow:

- One main "war" maven project, that contains web.xml, dependencies, classes, etc but no configuration (no context.xml, no hibernate configuration, aso)
- A second configuration projet that only contains configuration that is overlayed on top of main war (mais war is exploded by maven, configuration added, new war is build).

This is this second war that I'd like wtp to handle as this is the one i'd like to deploy to test servers in eclipse. Since non wtp projects can't be deployed to eclipse servers.

Currently we are using sysdeo tomcat plugin + manual war deploy as workaround, but this has limitation and will be a problem when we migrate to a jboss server, as there is no similar plugin for jboss.

Most doc i find on eclipse mention how to "create" a wtp project, but I'd like to wtp and existing one. It has everything to make it a valid web application, just eclipse doesn't see it a a webapplication project. This cuts down most J2EE features of the IDE Sad

I have seen on old mails some mention about something called "flexible" in wtp that would allow custom wtp configuration of project, but have yet to find out where the documentation about it lies. I don't mind have to modify once and for all the .project file if there is no gui to make this conversion.

Since eclipse 3.0 we are looking for a solution to import our project to wtp, but this becomes quite a critical bloker in our development environment (JBoss migration forseen)

[Updated on: Tue, 20 April 2010 12:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: add WTP support to existing project [message #530256 is a reply to message #528415] Thu, 29 April 2010 06:49 Go to previous message
Erhard Siegl is currently offline Erhard SieglFriend
Usually I use
mvn eclipse:eclipse
to generate the Eclipse project files for my web-applications (EJBs) and use Import->"Existing Projejts into Workspace" in Eclipse. The WTP properties are generated by Maven. I use m2eclipse for Maven integration in Eclipse.
Previous Topic:Elipse WTP OC4J Redeployment Problem i.e Unable to find/read file META-INF/appli
Next Topic:wsdl:client generation problem: InvocationTargetException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:09:00 GMT 2024